Failed Emissions Repair Barrington Hills
If your car failed the emissions test, you need to take it to your local auto repair shop and have it repaired. Remember to bring the failed emissions form to show the mechanic what issues your vehicle is having. After it gets repaired you can take it to get re-tested. If you are unsure where to bring your car for failed emissions repair, come to Kranz Auto. We will do a full diagnostic test to see where the problem is coming from. Once we find the problems, we will let you know what your options are and can then make the repairs.
Failed Emissions Test Barrington Hills
If something is wrong with your car, bring it to your local auto repair shop to have it checked out before bringing it in for an emissions test. Emissions repairs are not always expensive, so it’s important to get the repairs done right away to prevent bigger ones from starting. Some of the common reasons why cars can fail emissions tests are:
- Oil Change – dirty and thick oil can release pollutants that can cause your car to fail an emissions test. All you have to do is get an oil change and your problem will disappear.
- Engine Light – if your check engine light is on, then you will fail your emissions test right away. If you notice your engine light is on, take your car in to get fixed before you bring it in for an emissions test.
- Rattling Engine – if your engine is noisy then there might be a problem with the exhaust. A broken exhaust can cause your steering wheel to shake and loud sounds coming from your engine. A simple fix would be to get your exhaust fixed.
Clean Emission Barrington Hills
Prevent car problems from happening by keeping the emission clean! Keeping your vehicle’s engine clean is another great way to keep your car running smoothly and prevents the need for costly repairs. Taking care of your vehicle by getting regular tune-ups will keep a clean emission in your car. With regular tune-ups, you should have no issues with passing the emissions test in Barrington Hills, Illinois. Here are some easy tips that will keep your car running efficiently and help you pass the emissions test:
- Clean fuel – if your engine is full of grease and grime, use fuel cleaner to help clean the valves. Fuel cleaner takes time to run through your car so you are going to have to wait a bit before bringing it in for an emissions test.
- Check engine light – if your check engine light is on, you will almost always fail the emissions test in Barrington Hills. The check engine light has to be working as well. If it’s broken then you’ll most likely have to get it fixed and bring your car back for another test. If you notice your engine light is on, bring it to your local auto shop in the Barrington Hills area and have it repaired.
- Tune-ups – bringing your car in for regular tune-ups throughout the year will prevent your car from needing serious repairs. Tune-ups also catch minor problems that should be repaired right away. If your car has regular tune-ups then it should be able to pass the emissions test in Barrington Hills.
- Properly working parts – make sure all required parts are working properly. If a required part from the emissions test does not work then it will most likely fail the emissions test.
Stop By Today!
Kranz Auto has been in business in Barrington, Illinois for over 70 years! We are a full-service auto repair shop and can help with all of your automotive needs. If your car has recently failed the emissions test, bring it to Kranz Auto! We can do a full diagnostics check, go over all of your repair options, and even do the repairs for you. You can trust our highly trained and certified mechanics for all your auto repair services. Stop in or call to schedule an appointment with us today at: 847-381-5585.