Failed Emissions Repair Hoffman Estates
You can’t register your car for new plates in Hoffman Estates, Illinois if it failed the emissions test. If your car failed then it should be taken to an auto shop to be repaired. Bring the failed emissions form to show the mechanic what issues your vehicle is having. After it gets repaired you can take it to get re-tested. If you are unsure where to bring your car for failed emissions repair, come to Kranz Auto. We will do a full diagnostic test to see where the problem is coming from. Once we find any issues, we will let you know what your options are and can repair them for you at our shop!
Failed Emissions Test Hoffman Estates
Some people get a little nervous when it’s time to bring their car in for an emissions test in Hoffman Estates if they know something might already be wrong with their car. For others, a failed emissions test can be a complete surprise. If you fail an emissions test, bring your car to an auto repair shop and get the necessary repairs. Some repairs might even be minor and inexpensive. It’s important to get it repaired right away so the current issues don’t create more problems and repairs down the road. Some of the common reasons why cars can fail emissions tests are:
- Overdue oil change – dirty and thick oil can release pollutants that can cause your car to fail an emissions test. All you have to do is get an oil change and your problem will disappear.
- Noisy engine – if your engine is noisy then there might be a problem with the exhaust. A broken exhaust can cause your steering wheel to shake and loud sounds coming from your engine. A simple fix would be to get your exhaust fixed.
- Check engine light – if your check engine light is on, then you will fail your emissions test right away. If you notice your engine light is on, take your car in to get fixed before you bring it in for an emissions test.
Clean Emission Hoffman Estates
Keeping your vehicle’s engine clean is a great way to keep your car running smoothly and prevents the need for expensive repairs. Taking care of your vehicle by getting regular tune-ups will keep a clean emission. With regular tune-ups you should have no problem passing the emissions test. Here are some easy ways that will keep your car running efficiently and help you pass the emissions test:
- Tune-ups – bringing your car in for regular tune-ups throughout the year will prevent your car from needing serious repairs. Tune-ups also catch minor problems that should be repaired right away. If your car has regular tune-ups then it should be able to pass the emissions test in Hoffman Estates.
- Properly working parts – make sure all required parts are working properly. If a required part from the emissions test does not work then it will most likely fail the emissions test.
- Check engine light – if your check engine light is on, you will almost always fail the emissions test in Hoffman Estates. The check engine light has to be working as well. If it’s broken then you’ll most likely have to get it fixed and bring your car back for another test. If you notice your engine light is on, bring it to your local auto shop in the Hoffman Estates area and have it repaired.
- Clean fuel – if your engine is full of grease and grime, use fuel cleaner to help clean the valves. Fuel cleaner takes time to run through your car so you are going to have to wait a bit before bringing it in for an emissions test.
Stop By Today!
Kranz Auto has been in business for over 70 years. We are a full-service shop and can help with all of your automotive needs. If your car has recently failed the emissions test, bring it to Kranz Auto! We can do a full diagnostics check, go over all of your repair options, and even do the repairs for you. You can trust our highly trained and certified mechanics for all your auto repair services. Stop in or call to schedule an appointment with us today at: 847-381-5585.