Failed Emissions Repair Lake Zurich
Taking your car to get an emissions test makes some people nervous because in order to register your car for new plates you must pass the emissions test first. If your car has recently failed the emissions test, take it to your local auto repair shop and have it repaired right away. Remember to bring the failed emissions form to show the mechanic what issues your vehicle is having. After it gets repaired you can take it to get re-tested. If you are unsure where to bring your car for failed emissions repair, come to Kranz Auto. We will do a full diagnostic test to see where the problem is coming from. Once we find any issues, we will let you know what your options are and can repair them for you at our shop!
We Take Pride In Our:
- Quality Products
- Affordable Prices
- Reliable Service
- Repeat Customers
Failed Emissions Test Lake Zurich
If you think there is an issue with your car then bring it to your local repair shop to have it checked out before you take it in for its annual emissions test. If you fail an emissions test, bring your car to an auto repair shop to get the necessary repairs needed. Emissions repairs are not always an expensive repair, so it’s important to get the repairs done right away to prevent any bigger ones from starting. A few of the common reasons why cars can fail emissions tests are:
- Rattling Engine – if your engine is making rattling sounds then there might be a problem with the exhaust. A broken exhaust can cause your steering wheel to shake and loud sounds coming from your engine. A simple fix would be to get your exhaust fixed.
- Check Engine Light – if your check engine light is on then you will fail your emissions test right away. If you notice your engine light is on, take your car in to get it fixed before you bring it in for an emissions test.
- Oil Change – dirty and thick oil can release pollutants that can cause your car to fail an emissions test. All you have to do is get an oil change and your problem will disappear! An oil change is a simple solution to this problem.
Clean Emission Lake Zurich
Having a clean engine is a great way to keep your car running smoothly and prevents the need for expensive repairs in the future. Taking care of your vehicle by getting regular tune-ups will keep a clean emission in your car. With regular tune-ups you should have no issue in passing the emissions test in Lake Zurich. Here are some easy tips that will keep your car running efficiently and help you pass the emissions test:
- Check engine light – In Lake Zurich you will automatically fail the emissions test if your check engine light is on. The check engine light has to be working as well. If it’s broken then you’ll most likely have to get it fixed and bring your car back for another emissions test. If you notice your engine light is on, bring it to your local auto shop in the Lake Zurich area and have it repaired.
- Regular tune-ups – regular tune-ups throughout the year will prevent your car from needing serious repairs in the future. Tune-ups can also catch minor problems that can be fixed right away to prevent bigger problems from happening. If your car has regular tune-ups then it should be able to pass the emissions test in Lake Zurich, Illinois.
- Clean fuel – if your engine is full of grease and grime, use fuel cleaner to help clean the valves. Fuel cleaner takes time to run through your car so you are going to have to wait a bit before bringing it in for an emissions test.
- Properly working parts – If a required part from the emissions test does not work then it will most likely fail the emissions test. It’s important to make sure your car is in good condition so it will pass the emissions test.
Bring Your Car In Today!
Kranz Auto has over 70 years of experience in failed emissions repairs. We are a full-service auto shop and can help with all of your automotive needs. If your car has recently failed the emissions test, bring it to Kranz Auto! We can do a full diagnostics check, go over all of your repair options, and even do the repairs for you. You can trust our highly trained and certified mechanics for all your auto repair services. Stop in or call to schedule an appointment with us today at 847-381-5585.