Tune-Ups & Timing Belts Algonquin
Many residents throughout Algonquin, Illinois use a car to get to and from work everyday. If you are like the average American who puts over 13,000 miles on their car each year, then you should be getting regular tune-ups done. Tune-ups are important and help prevent against something bad from happening to your car. Having tune-ups and your timing belt checked will also help your overall fuel efficiency and keep your car lasting many years. At Kranz Auto our mechanics have years of experience with tune-ups and timing belts. Contact us or stop by our shop today for more information! 847-381-5585
Why Kranz Auto:
- Repeat Customers
- Over 70 Years of Experience
- Excellent Customer Service
- Quality Auto Shop
- Family Owned & Operated
Signs Your Timing Belt Is Failing
You car will not work without a timing belt. If your timing belt is worn down or broken, it can cause serious problems to your car. A broken timing belt will cause engine failure and a worn out timing belt can cause issues to your car. Either are serious problems and need to be attended to by a professional right away. If you notice that your car is not acting right, bring it to Kranz Auto. Our mechanics specialize in tune-ups and timing belts. We can fix your car quickly and safely so you can get back to driving on the road. Below is a list of signs that your timing belt is failing. If you notice any of these signs call us as soon as possible:
- Engine won’t ignite – Your engine will not start if the timing belt is broken. If you try starting your car and the engine won’t ignite, it is a sign that your timing belt is broken. If this happens to you, contact your local mechanic in Algonquin. A professional will look at your car, inspect the timing belt and see if there are any other parts that have damage to them as well.
- Engine misfires – If your engine misfires, it means that the timing belt is worn and might slip on the camshaft drive. This is a serious problem because a misfire can cause the engine to break down completely. Engine repair is expensive and sometimes not possible if the break is extremely bad.
- Noise coming from your engine – The timing belt helps the crank and camshaft move. When the timing belt becomes worn down, it starts to create a ticking sound inside the motor. The ticking sound can also mean that the oil pressure could be low and it does not have enough lubrication. The timing belt helps your car run and needs to be inspected right away if you notice any problems.
- Motor leaking – When your car leaks from your motor it means that the engine is overheating. Over time the overheating can wear down your timing belt.
- Car stops working – If your car stops working after any of the signs above, it is a sign that your car’s engine has failed.
Benefits Of A Tune-Up
Bringing your car in for regular routine tune-ups is important because it keeps your car working efficiently and prevents any thing from going wrong. At Kranz Auto we offer tune-up inspections and will make sure your car is running great. Our professional mechanics have years of experience you can trust for your next tune-up. Tune-ups will help maximize power and fuel for your car! Below is a few signs that your car needs a tune-up:
Signs You Need A Tune-Up
- Exhaust smells bad – If your exhaust is smelling like rotten eggs or worse then usual, it is a sign that your car might have a clog and needs a tune-up. A tune-up will also allow the mechanics to check and see if anything else is wrong with your car.
- Difficult to turn the steering wheel – When your steering wheel is hard to move while driving and turning, your car needs to be taken in to your local auto shop in Algonquin. A stiff steering wheel usually means that your car needs more steering wheel fluid, which can be done when you bring your car in for a tune-up.
- Fuel efficiency is worse – Fuel efficiency can be altered and become worse is your car needs a tune-up. During a tune-up a mechanic can change fuel filters, check spark plugs, and check more parts to see if anything is damaged. If your engine light is on, it is important to get your vehicle into an auto shop for a tune-up.
Stop By Our Auto Shop Today!
Looking for an auto repair shop in Algonquin, illinois for your next tune-up? Bring your car to Kranz Auto! We have professionals that are highly trained and qualified for any auto problem you have. Our tune-ups are meant to keep you safe on the road and keep your car in excellent condition. Our goal is to get you back on the road as safely and quickly as possible. For more information about our services, to schedule and appointment or further questions, Contact us at 847-381-5585.