Tire Rotation Service Near Algonquin
Extend the life of your tires with regular Tire Rotations
Did you know that there are dozens of variables that can affect the overall life span and health of your vehicle’s tires? Such things as your driving habits, road construction, over or under inflation can all lead to uneven wearing of your tires. At Kranz Service Inc in nearby Barrington Illinois we offer Algonquin residents comprehensive tire rotation service to all makes and models of foreign or domestic cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
Ways to tell if you need an alignment:
- If the steering wheel is off center while driving straight.
- Your call pulls to one side on a smooth flat surface.
- If your car’s tires are visible uneven when standing in front or behind your vehicle.
- You feel a wobble in your steering wheel while driving.
What Services are Performed During a Tire Rotation:
- Tires are rotated in alternating patterns
- Exam of overall tire quality and tire tread
- Examine and correct tire inflation
- Ensure the Tightening of Lug Nuts
Many Northwestern Suburb residents trust Kranz Service Inc for all their Auto Repair Services and Tire Rotation needs. Many of our long standing customers come to our shop from the following tremendous communities; Algonquin, Barrington, Barrington Hills, Cary, Deer Park, Lake Zurich, Inverness, Hoffman Estates, Fox River Grove, South Barrington, and more.
There are a lot of factors that go into how your tires wear down. Driving style, road conditions, tire pressure, your car, and time. Most people don’t think about it, but a car that sits idle in a spot, often for years, without moving can cause the tires to deform. Having the tire sit idle for an extended period creates a flat spot that can cause problems on its own. The types of surface you drive on can impact the life of your tires as well. Rough abrasive terrain can cause your tires to wear faster than a smooth paved road. If you drive making a lot of turns, your tires on the outside of the typical turns you make will wear more quickly than the inside tires of those turns.
Tire pressure is one of those factors that has a big enough impact on the performance and life of your tire that it gets its own category. An under-inflated tire will have the surface of your tire bow inwards. The bowing causes the outsides of your tire to wear faster than the inside. Under-inflated tires also are at a higher risk of blowing out because of the increased friction caused by under-inflation. Overinflation is also a big problem. When your tire is overinflated, the tire becomes more rounded, causing the center of the tread area to become raised, putting excess strain on your car and wearing down the middle faster.
- Call Or Stop By our Shop Anytime During Business Hours and We Will Do Our Best to Service You Promptly.
- 111 S. Lageschulte St.
- Barrington, IL. 60010
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
5.0 STAR RATING 6/6/2016
- This is a great shop and they are super knowledgeable. Tom Kranz is the owner and a super guy. He’s got a great team and they get the job done fast and correct the first time. If you live in the Barrington area and your vehicle needs work, I highly recommend using Kranz Automotive.
- Michael D.
- Palatine, IL
5.0 STAR RATING 11/5/2014
- Great service station! Trust them fully with care, prices and overall quality. Tom is great, trustworthy guy and I’ve been going to him for years (I find trouble trusting a automotive shop as a woman driver). Quick service as well, thanks Kranz Auto!
- Kassandra R.
- Elk Grove Village, IL
5.0 STAR RATING 10/7/2014
- I have been taking all my cars to Kranz for over a decade. Tom Kranz is a straight shooter – he has talked me out of repairs that would have made him money but not be in my best interest. The work I have had done ranges from simple oil changes to things like replacing a timing belt, new clutch, brakes, etc.
- I TOTALLY trust Tom and his expert staff with my car!
- Diane S.
- Barrington, IL